Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SERC in the News

There was an article in Cleveland Plain Dealer this morning, "Group Support is a Good Change of Runner's Pace", which included some positive mentions of Cleveland Southeast Runners' Club, and also included some of my comments on the benefits of running with SERC. The reporter, Zach Lewis, is trying for a Boston Qualifier in Cleveland in May, and has been writing a series of articles on his training. He will be running with our group one of these weeks, and has invited other marathon aspirants to come out for one of our runs as well. Unfortunately, he mistakenly stated that we meet at Solon Square on Saturdays; it should have said 'Sundays'. I hope we don't have a bunch of cold, angry runners standing in the parking lot on Saturday, waiting for someone from SERC to show-up.

Big Congratulations to Mark Godale (7:36:31 4th place) and Connie Gardner (8:52:07 2nd place) for their great runs at the USATF 100k Championship in Madison this past Saturday. Awesome accomplishments considering the extremely competitive field.

I am feeling a bit better every day, and plan to use every bit of the next six days to get as healthy as possible. I gave try tot a knee brace (thanks for the recommendation Kam), but I could not get used to it. Even though it was very light weight, it still imbalanced my stride and restricted my knee flex. I decided to forgo the brace . Maybe I'll reconsider after Boston.

No comments: