- Both knees are showing wear, and actually the left knee looks slightly worse than the right. (So I guess I should be happy that the left doesn’t hurt, right?)
- There is no indication of a meniscus tear, but initial, minor tears are not necessarily visible on x-rays.
- Keep icing the knee to bring down the swelling.(She offered to prescribe an anti-inflammatory, but…well…you know my aversion to drugs.)
- Do not run for a week. (I have had no taper. I have gone from peak training miles to full stop.)
- Low-impact aerobic work is acceptable (an elliptical machine would be OK).
- If there is no increase in the pain, swelling, and clicking by race day, I am clear to run Boston.
- Have plenty of ice ready for after the race, and make an appointment for a return to the clinic. I will need it.
11 hours ago