Thursday: 8 Mile Tempo
From work, I ran down into the valley, along the tow path south to Route 82 and back. The overall pace was 7:30 mile, with a 6:59 and a 6:43 mixed in to compensate for the steep ascent from the valley which always knocks down my average time.
Friday: 7 Miles around Independence
I tried a new route, looping around the Independence recreation center, then through downtown and down the big hill to Rockside road, then back to Kichler. I kept an easy pace, around 7:45ish.
Saturday: 13.5 Miles around Independence
Before the run, I reminded Steve that last week, we did only 9.78 miles, the first time I remember ever doing less than 10 on a Saturday. Apparently, the need to make up for that, combined with the fact that a couple of new, young guys joined us, motivated Steve to take us on truly challenging run. We went out at a fast pace, and kept it up all day. We ran a really difficult course, covering some of the Buckeye Trail. The hills were steep, the ground was muddy, and we were working very hard. I didn't wear my Garmin, but Paul R. did, so I've asked him to send me the stats. I believe his Garmin said about 12 miles, but he told me he inadvertently turned it off and missed about a mile and a half.
Sunday: 15 Miles
After Saturday, I was hoping for a nice, long, slow run on Sunday. It didn't quite work out that way, although it was a good run. I ran a slow couple of miles before the group started. I ended up running the following mile splits, mostly with E-speed.
- 7.53 Just warming up as we ran down Solon Blvd.
- 7.13 What?! Where did that come from? I thought this was long, slow, run-day Sunday.
- 7.05 What the hell, I guess we're not going slow after all.
- 7.08 This is just silly.
- 7.17 I really just wanted to cover some easy miles today.
- 7.20 Alright already, can we get a drink and ease up a bit.
- 7.53 That's more like it. And its all uphill for the next three miles.
- 8.50 E-speed and I split off from the group and ran through the woods.
- 9.15 More of the trails, more uphill, slowing taking the pace down.
- 10.08 OK, I know it is the steepest part of the trail, this is a bit too slow.
- 7.42 Over the crest, out of the woods, and heading downhill on Route 91.
- 7.59 Backing off the throttle as we come through Solon.
- 7.58 Decided to keep going south on Route 91.
- 7.59 Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.