- The niggling ITB hip pain is almost gone now.
- The weather for the last week has been beautiful.
- On Sunday, I ran eighteen and a half miles with the SERC group, and felt good. I had tried some No-Doz before the Buckeye Trail 50k as a test, but it upset my stomach. On Sunday, I tried a Vivarin at about thirteen miles and I didn't feel any discomfort. I think I'll try it a few more times, and if all goes well, I can use it in Chicago.
- I am thinking about trying to run the Punxsutawney 50k in the first week of September. I know I can improve on my Buckeye Trail time. If I do this, it will probably reduce my chances of doing well in Chicago, but what the hell.
- I had a very god workout at the track on Tuesday. Two and a half warm-up miles, followed by three one-mile intervals with about two minutes recovery between, and two miles of cool down. The interval miles were all under six minutes.
- I am going to buy some new shoes, very soon. The two primary pairs in current rotation are at about seven hundred miles and five hundred and fifty miles respectively.
- The Boston Marathon is only eight months away.
- Yesterday, I rode my bike to work (watched a spectacular sunrise), ran at lunch, then rode home for twenty-six bike miles and about six running ( I forgot my Garmin.)
- It's another great day today.
11 hours ago